Tuesday, February 02, 2010

a thousand songs back again...

These verses were part of the growing-up phase - had fallen in love with them...and then had forgotten them...

I am not sure, why I was trying to locate these verses (by Pritish Nandy) since last few days/weeks... but did finally find them scribbled in a diary today:

I have been freewheeling, double dealing for too long,
rambling, gambling chasing a song: It’s been
long since I met myself, after weeks and weeks
of hanging around. It’s been long since I paid my dues
and headed homewards searching for you.
It’s time you came and took me back,
a thousand songs back again...

1 comment:

rajivx said...

Yes, I love them too and still jealously hold on two poetry books by Pritish. I was looking online for the part that comes just before this I think. Something saying as I turn 40 i'm easier to train.......